Mexican American farm workers in California organized ________ to demand higher pay from their employers.
- the bracero program
- Operation Wetback
- the United Farm Workers union
- the Mattachine Society
Which of the following best describes attitudes toward Asian immigrants in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries?
- Asian immigrants were welcomed to the United States and swiftly became financially successful.
- Asian immigrants were disliked by whites who feared competition for jobs, and several acts of Congress sought to restrict immigration and naturalization of Asians.
- Whites feared Asian immigrants because Japanese and Chinese Americans were often disloyal to the U.S. government.
- Asian immigrants got along well with whites but not with Mexican Americans or African Americans.
Why did it take so long for an active civil rights movement to begin in the LGBT community?