Integral and divergence tests module
After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Use the integral test to determine that a series diverges.
- Use integrals to estimate the value of a series within an error.
- Use the divergence test to determine that a series diverges.
- Manipulate series using the properties of convergent series.
- Recognize known convergent or divergent series.
The divergence test
If an infinite sum converges, then its terms must tend to zero.