After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Define an antiderivative.
- Compute basic antiderivatives.
- Compare and contrast finding derivatives and finding antiderivatives.
- Define initial value problems.
- Solve basic initial value problems.
- Use antiderivatives to solve simple word problems.
- Discuss the meaning of antiderivatives of the velocity and acceleration.
Jeopardy! Of calculus
Two young mathematicians discuss a Jeopardy! version of calculus.
We introduce antiderivatives.
We study a special type of differential equation.